Monday, September 8, 2008

Home Inspection Redux

The roof doesn't look too bad from up here.


There was some concern that fixing the slate roof would cost as much as a brand new Subaru Outback, but now the price seems closer to that of a well-used 1995 Toyota Corolla.

So, that's one less obstacle preventing Mom & Dad from living within walking distance of their favorite son. (And least favorite son, but who's counting? Also, there are fewer obstacles, but one less obstacle? Usually, I'm a stickler for the "less/fewer" rule, but I find my ear failing me this time.)

In other news, I did not erase all of Dad's pictures today. Well, actually, I did — but at least this time I did it on purpose!

2 comments:

Joseph J. Hehir said...

Roofers inspecting slates should not be walking on them during the inspection. If they are, they're Neanderthals and you will have lots of slates to replace in a short time.
Joseph Jenkins
Joseph Jenkins Inc.
Grove City, PA

Joseph J. Hehir said...

I suspect that the roofing inspectors gave a low-ball number just to get the job.