Thursday, September 4, 2008

Home Inspection

(oops, I forgot to publish this post...)

Today was the inspection of Grandma1 and Grandpa's new house. (I'm crossing my fingers.)

Before they showed up, Anna and I went to her Kindergarten Orientation. Anna enjoyed meeting Mrs. Rogers. Then we went for a walk and talk to get food for lunch. And donuts, of course.

When Grandma and Grandpa showed up, Anna and I swarmed them with things to look at and anecdotes to exchange. There were more simultaneous conversations than seem mathematically possible:


For lunch, we had our usual — grilled cheese and turkey with macaroni and potato salads. We're already settling into a routine (although Dad and I haven't gone to Starbucks for a while). Then Tina came home to watch Anna, while the rest of us went to inspect the house.

A home inspection is when the reality of a real estate purchase starts to sink in. Mom and I were in charge of taking pictures and measurements, and trying to figure out how to arrange things. Dad looked at the house very carefully with the inspectors.

When we got home, I lost all of Dad's pictures. Apparently, some SanDisk SD cards are corrupted or erased by the Viking IntelliFlash USB 6 in 1 Flash Memory Reader. I didn't know about that.

1. There's this phenomenon, when you have children, of referring to your parents as "Grandma" and "Grandpa" (or "Nanny" and "Papa"). Does this happen to everyone?

And then, towards the end, I switched back to Mom and Dad. Weird.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Jamie had to explain the placement of the equation to me.

Michael Hehir said...

What, the binomial coefficient?