Sunday, October 5, 2008

Luke's Christening


We got back from Luke's Christening around 11 PM. Anna fell asleep, so we made pretty good time. We only stopped once, at New Baltimore, because I had to stretch my legs. I had already decided not to get coffee, but I was still bummed out to see the gates pulled down at Starbucks.

It was nice to see all the cousins and aunts and uncles. As usual, I didn't feel like I was warmed up until it was time to go. I should work on that, except, who am I kidding? I'm almost forty years old: I'm not going to change.

I was thinking that Cate and Jamie have it so easy with Luke. He never cries, and he sleeps all day. But then night arrives, and things change. Never assume that other people have it easy!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

The Luke picture is awesome! Yes, please don't assume we have it easy because nights are horrible! We're working on getting him better at naps so he doesn't get so overtired but I suspect he has some reflux which makes it difficult to lie in a horizontal position. Also, due to the large number of visitors we had at the beginning, Luke has trouble falling asleep on his own. He likes cuddles. But he slept in his crib for the first time last night, and although he woke up one extra time to eat, I'm chalking that up to the new environment factor, and considering it a success! Can you put the rest of your Christening photos on Picasa?

Michael Hehir said...

Don't worry, I didn't really believe that you were having an easy time of it.

I think it took us several years before Anna would sleep on her own. I attribute this to a regimen of too many hugs and kisses. Oh well, I suppose there are worse things than a child who loves to cuddle with their parents.

I can send you the "Luke" picture, but, believe it or not, I didn't get any other decent pictures. Literally every single time I took a picture in the church, Anna body slammed me, so all my pictures were blurry.

Catherine said...

Oh no! We didn't really get that many great pictures either, and neither did Dad. By great I mean there are no adorable close ups of Luke with his gown on. There's one good family photo, except Luke is screaming his head off (but Jamie and I look good at least) I'm hoping Erin has some good ones!

kp