Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vice Presidential Debate

Much more interesting than the first presidential debate.

I thought Biden won the debate on points, but Palin beat the spread.

CNN has a cute audience response meter. Twice now I've missed the explanation of how it works, but presumably each member of the studio audience has a button or dial they can use to indicate positive or negative feelings, which are integrated to give real time feedback about whatever the candidates are saying. Or something. Anyway, even though it's nonsense, I can't keep my eyes off the meter.

There was some controversy about Gwen Ifill moderating the debate, because she has written a book called Politics and Race in the Age of Obama, which is scheduled to be released on Inauguration Day. I didn't notice any bias on her part, and I thought she had some good questions, although the candidates mostly just seemed to talk about whatever popped into their heads at the moment.

No comments: