Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Book Barn

A trip to Mountain Lakes generally includes a visit to the Book Barn in Denville. They have a great selection of popular fiction and lots of children's books. The prices are so low they're practically giving them away - $0.25 to $0.50 for most children's books, and $0.50 for mass-market paperbacks, $1.00 for trade paperbacks, and $2.00 for "nearly new" hardcovers.

But sometimes the prices are so low they're actually giving them away. Here's a list of the Michael Crichton novels I got for free on Tuesday.

I read The Great Train Robbery Tuesday night, finishing it in a few hours. I don't usually read that fast (I'm not Tina!), but I can't think of any Michael Crichton novels that I didn't finish in an evening. I suppose this is a pretty common observation, but it's hard to put those books down. That's why I picked up Congo, Sphere, Jurassic Park, and the Lost World, even though I had already read them.

No comments: