Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Trip to Mountain Lakes

We're back from Mountain Lakes. For reasons that I don't understand, I couldn't set up a wireless network there without slowing the internet connection to a crawl. This meant no laptop, and no access to the computer without disturbing Dad, so no blog posts.

In what is becoming a tradition, just before we left I put down a coat of polyurethane in the upstairs hallway. (If I ever have need of a method for increasing my stress level, I should remember this one: do a messy, surprisingly time-consuming job just before leaving the house for a few days. Make sure to block access to the shower.) I taped a sign to the stairs to remind Lisa not to go upstairs. Anna made a "No Kitty" sign. Too bad Kitty can't read! (Fast forward to our return: I found a trail of paw prints and cat hair embedded in the polyurethane. Oh well.)

The main topic of conversation, of course, was the news of Grandma and Grandpa's decision to buy a house in Niskayuna. There's paperwork to be filled out, signed, and faxed. The house needs to be inspected. Plans need to be made: How should the new house be set up? What improvements can be made before the move? What stuff should be left behind? (I'm voting for the sofa bed.)

No comments: