Monday, August 18, 2008

Little Things that Break

Very little. Like 1/16" little. That's the size of the drill bit I need to finish reinstalling the quarter round molding in Anna's room. I usually have extras, but for some reason I was down to my very last one. Just a slight deviation off axis is all that's needed to snap one of these little things. And so tomorrow I'll head back to Lowe's to buy a package of 1/16" drill bits.

The key point here - one that I am slowing learning - is that it is a false economy to say, "Well, I only need one of these inexpensive, but fragile (and/or consumable) items, so I'll just get what I need."

Now, I'm not running a hardware store, so I don't have to stock everything. But I shouldn't run out of things like cheap drill bits or drywall screws.

No comments: